TWRP is one of the basic need to all the advance smartphone user. You need TWRP to flash custom ROMs, custom kernel and to root your device. So today I am sharing TWRP for Honor 10 developed by XDA member @PeterMarkoff, all credits go to him, I am just sharing his work.
So, first of all, you need to install ADB in your PC, I would suggest you use Minimal ADB
Honor 10 Specs
Honor 10 smartphone was launched in April 2018. The phone comes with a 5.84-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2280 pixels at a PPI of 432 pixels per inch.
The Honor 10 is powered by 1.8GHz octa-core processor and it comes with 6GB of RAM. The phone packs 128GB of internal storage that cannot be expanded. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Honor 10 packs a 24-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 24-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
The Honor 10 runs Android 8.1 and is powered by a 3400mAh. It measures 149.60 x 71.20 x 7.70 (height x width x thickness) and weighs 153.00 grams.
The Honor 10 is a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, USB OTG, 3G and 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in India). Sensors on the phone include Compass/ Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.
Steps to flash TWRP:-
- Disable any locks like pattern/PIN/password/fingerprint.
- Go to settings, open developer settings.
- Now enable USB debugging.
- Connect your phone to PC.
- Now open Minimal ADB folder and paste the downloaded recovery there.
- Open Minimal ADB and type adb devices
- Check your phone and allow RSA key fingerprint
- Now type adb reboot bootloader
- Wait for sometime, your device will reboot to fastboot mode.
- Now type fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp_bkl_0.7.img
- Now type fastboot reboot
That’s it, now TWRP is successfully installed in your Honor 10, now you can flash your desired Custom ROM, Custom Kernel or you can flash Magisk.