In today’s guide, I will teach you, how you can enable Camera2 API to run Google Camera Ports for clicking awesome pictures!! As there are many people out there who don’t know what Camera2 API is, and why it is required?
This guide will give you over the view of Camera2 API and how to enable it.
Note:- Your warranty is not going be affected, Don’t Worry!
What is Camera2 API?
Camera2 API allows camera app developers to have better access to more advanced controls of the camera, like manual exposure (ISO, shutter speed), focus, RAW capture etc. This is available since Android Lollipop.
- USB cable
- Download ADB and Fastboot installer
- Extract it and follow “How to install.txt”
- Unlock your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 and go to Setting>System>About Phone.
- Tap on Build number for 6-7 times.
- Go back and now you can see developer options.
- Open it, scroll down and enable USB debugging.
- Now connect your device to PC and open CMD.
- Type “adb devices” now unlock your phone and check.
- You will get this type of dialog box.
- Tap on OK, and check your PC’s screen, you should get this type of output.
- Type “adb reboot bootloader” now type “fastboot devices“.
- Now type “fastboot oem enable_camera_hal3 true“.
- Then type “fastboot reboot“.
Article you must see:- Google Camera For Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
After successfully enabling it, install Camera2
That’s it, now Camera2 API is enabled in your device, and now you can click amazing pics using Gcam. This method won’t void your warranty, and you will keep getting updates!!
If you are still having problem, you can comment below and I will help you!