Today I will show you how you can Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4,Install TWRP custom recovery in it and then how to Root it.
I will try to make it as simple as possible.
So first of all we will unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 so that we could flash TWRP recovery in it.
Note:-You will lose your data during bootloader unlocking process,so I would suggest you to backup everything!
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Note 4:-
- Go to MiUnlock, Sign in with your Mi ID and request for Bootloader unlock.
- Login with the same Mi account in your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
- Extract the Mi Unlock tool and launch “MiFlashUnlock.exe” file as an Administrator.
- After opening the app, click on Agree. Enter your same Mi Account details in the Mi unlock app.(After login, Mi will check if your Account has unlock permissions.)
- Once you get the Device not connected message, switch off your Redmi Note 4 & boot into fastboot mode (Press and hold Volume Down + Power button), release the button as soon as you see “Fastboot” written on screen.
- Connect your Redmi Note 4 using a USB cable & click on “Unlock” in Mi Unlock tool. Wait for the unlock tool to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.