As you all know, in the recent updates of Google’s Tez aka Google Pay, it made it nearly impossible to use Google Pay on rooted phone!
But nothing is impossible. Even if you pass the safety net and hide the root using Magisk, it still detects the root, and we can’t register. So if you wish to use Google Pay on your rooted device just follow the steps below!
What is Google Pay?
Google Pay is the fast, simple way to pay online, in stores and more. Book a trip, grab a meal, see a show, and enjoy new experiences – all without your wallet. Getting started on the web or with the app is easy. Just add a card, and you’re ready to go.
Shop smarter. Google Pay lets you keep everything you need to speed through checkout on your phone. Plus, the Home tab gives you all the information you need, right when you need it. See your recent transactions, find nearby stores, and enjoy access to rewards while you shop.
Encrypted and secured by Google. Google Pay protects your payment info with multiple layers of security, using one of the world’s most advanced security infrastructures to help keep your account safe. And when you pay in stores, Google Pay uses an encrypted number instead of your actual card number, so your real card details stay safe.
Go with just your phone. From daily commutes to cross-country flights, you can go anywhere with Google Pay. Simply save your tickets and transit passes, use your phone at the gate, and go.
Google Pay is available on all non-rooted Android devices (Lollipop 5.0+).
Instructions for Google Pay work on rooted phone:-
- Open settings.
- Go to Apps and search for Google Play Services.
- Go to permissions and turn off the “Telephone Services“
- Now open Google Pay and register 🙂
[New method] Magisk hide google pay 2020-2021:-
I wrote the above method a long time ago. Since if you are still facing issue like “Google Pay cannot be used on this device” or “Sorry your device isn’t passing Google Pay’s security checks“, follow some new tips to make Google Pay work with root/magisk. You can also follow these steps if you are looking for a method to use Google Pay with unlocked bootloader.
- Make sure latest version of magisk is installed in your rooted phone. (Always download from official GitHub link)
- Go to about phone section and search for SELinux mode. Make sure it is set to Enforcing, instead of Permissive.
- Install SafetyPatch magisk module through magisk manager.
- If you are using XPOSED, uninstall it.
- Go to magisk manager setting → Select Hide Magisk Manager.
- Make sure your SafetyNet is passing, try changing Custom ROM. Sometimes its ROMs fault.
This should work and still if you are facing any issue you can comment down below and I will find a solution for you guys. Till then see you! Keep visiting androboot <3.