Hola guys! So you guys are here for the reason that you might be holding Poco x3 with you, and now you are completely mesmerized with its unique features within it.
Along with the outstanding features like the processor, most notably the camera, have you imagined you can create wonders in it just by installing Google Camera for Poco X3? Read this article to download and configure GCam in Poco X3 or Poco X3 NFC.
What is GCam or Google Camera Mod?
GCam/Google Camera Mod is a modified Google Camera app, also known as Pixel Camera. Google Camera is the stock camera app shipped on Nexus and Pixel phones from Google. Google's HDR+ technology enhances the picture quality, especially on low and mid-end phones.
Features include HDR+, portrait mode, motion photos, panorama, lens blur, 60fps video, slow motion, and more.
Because Google Camera wasn't designed to work on all phones, it's all a bit messy (read: why so many devs/ports), but a few developers try to make it compatible with a massive number of phones.
Don't blame Google if something doesn't work, after all this is not the official app. Keep in mind that GCam isn't open-source, so it's hard or even impossible to add new features.
Features of GCam/Google Camera Mod
When it comes to the Google camera features, HDR+ has a significant role in photography, by using this feature, the shutter is meant to be pressed for 5- 15 frames to get the most fantastic shot through it.
This unique feature in Google camera gives out the results like the Smart HDR from Apple by using the overexposed and underexposed frames, so isn’t it fascinating that you can even use the apple features in your android as well.
One of the OG features of the Google camera is that it can even provide the features of motion pictures, just like Apple’s live photos. This is one of the overwhelming features of the google camera, in my view.
If you are a videographer, you guys must know how important it is to make a stabilized video, and just for that, most people must be using Gimble for that. But now you can save some huge bucks of your money because Gcam got your back by introducing another OG feature in it by providing stabilization.
Super Res zoom
This feature shifts the image’s resolution to the next level, and this feature gives out drizzling image processing.
Compatibility and requirements for GCam/Google Camera Mod
- Only works on Android phones with the camera2 API enabled
- Mod compatible with modern Snapdragon SoCs. Some versions work on some Exynos, Kirin, and Mediatek phones, but usually with limitations.
- ARM64, only very old versions (GCam 4) support 32 bit
- Recent APKs may not work on older Android versions
- Requires GApps or a replacement like microG (more info)
- Android only
How to download Google camera in Poco X3?
Here comes the crucial topic, how do we download Google camera in Poco x3, I am sharing the link for the apk and the config. Download Poco x3 NFC google camera apk from below.
|Application name||Google camera for Poco X3|
|File size||~51 MB|
|Config file||Config file download link|
How to install Google camera in Poco x3?
So you guys might have downloaded the config file and the Google Camera apk now it’s time to install them.
- Download and Install GCam apk, don’t open it after installation.
- Create a folder anywhere in your internal storage name it as GCam.
- Inside the folder of your “Gcam” folder , create another folder in it named as “Configs7” write it as it is.
- Copy the config file inside GCam>Configs7 folder.
- Open your Gcam that you installed and double tap on the black screen over the shutter button.
- Then it will ask for the config file and select and you are good to go.
Best settings for Google camera!
So guys now I will suggest to you the settings that I have applied in my google camera port and you can try them out as well.
- At first coming to the screen I would reccomend you to use 16:9 ratio instead of 4:3 for a wider screen and better experience.
- Make use of face retouch option and you can select natural or smooth according to you while taking selfies.
- Select for infinity or near while you are using the Night Sight.
- Select for the option of save selfie as previewed to save them as it is without making the mirror images of them.
- Turn on social share on to share it directly for the social media accounts.
- Turn on the 4k video recording on and the video stablization while taking the videos.
- Select the bitrate to the highest for best video experience.
- Then go to the advanced settings and turn on the HDR+ Control and RAW+JPEG Control.
- Then select the HDR+Enhanced frames to the highest for better photo quality experience.
- Enable the Lib Patcher mode in your settings as it increases the quality of your photos.
Poco x3 gives out the best camera experience. Still, by using the google camera, it even gets better. It’s like a free upgrade to your camera as Google camera induces the details of your photography. Thus it stands out like magic for you.
At last, I would like to thank the Poco X3 photography group for the config files.