What is TWRP?
TWRP is an open-source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. We also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel or on forums like xda-developers.
Team Win was originally formed to work on porting WiMAX to CM7 for the HTC EVO 4G. After our work on the EVO 4G, we wanted to work on a project that would work on more devices than just the EVO 4G and we settled on working on a recovery. Today TWRP is the leading custom recovery for Android phones.
A custom recovery is used for installing custom software on your device. This custom software can include smaller modifications like rooting your device or even replacing the firmware of the device with a completely custom “ROM” like OmniROM
You can find the source code for TWRP at github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/
Specifications of Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1:-
Display- 15.22cm(5.99″) Full HD+ (2160×1080) IPS display, Front 2.5D curved glass display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 18:9 Full view display.
CPU:Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 636 Mobile Platform with 14nm, 64-bit Kryo Octa-core Processor
GPU:Qualcomm® Adreno™ 509
Also read: Enable Camera2Api on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Fix selinux issues during formatting – dianlujitao
- Various fixes for toybox and toolbox builds – CaptainThrowback and bigbiff
- Flash both A and B partitions when installing a recovery ramdisk – Dees_Troy
- Add option to uninstall TWRP app from /system – Dees_Troy
- Create digest for subpartitions – bigbiff
How to flash?
- Boot into fastboot mode [adb reboot fastboot]
- Then type fastboot boot twrp_name.img
- Now you will be booted into twrp, now go to install>install image>recovery.
If you are getting back to stock recovery even after installing TWRP. Make sure you are not booting into system just after flashing TWRP. After flashing TWRP choose boot into recovery and flash TWRP again from TWRP itself.
Thanks for visiting! Don’t forget to subscribe to notifications!